These are some things you may consider when seeking a physical therapy clinic:
– The therapist should be licensed in the state.
– The first visit should include a thorough medical history and physical examination before any treatment is rendered.
– The patient goals should be discussed in detail during the first visit.
– Care should include a variety of techniques that might include hands-on techniques, soft tissue work, therapeutic exercises and in some cases heat, cold, electrical stimulation or ultrasound.
– Do they have a service that can address your problem?
– Do they take your insurance or are they willing to work with you if they are not a preferred provider?
– They should be conveniently located. Since sitting and driving often aggravate orthopedic problems, there should be a very good reason for you to drive a long distance for rehabilitation.
– What are the hours of operation?
– Can they provide satisfaction survey results?
– The therapist should provide the treatment.
– Can you briefly interview the therapist before the first visit?
– Ask your family and friends who they would recommend.